A Commonwealth of Virginia Website
State Council of Higher Education for Virginia

Skip to Content  |  HOME Calendar |  Careers |  Directory |  Intranet |  Webmail   

Adult Education Programs

A large number of Virginians were enrolled in college at some point in their lives but had to take time off from their academic pursuits for personal, financial or professional reasons. The State Council of Higher Education has researched the availability of programs at Virginia public and private colleges designed for people who want to return to college and complete their baccalaureate-degree requirements.

You are invited to find out more about them through the links provided on this page. Unlike traditional college programs, these programs emphasize flexibility to facilitate a working adult’s ability to earn a degree. They typically offer conveniently scheduled classes and/or accelerated terms and they may also grant credit for a variety of past school or work experience. Financial aid may be available.

To read a brief description of each institution’s program, click on all institutions offering adult education programs. To learn more about a particular program, click on the institution name and you will be taken directly to its website.

Learn more about different types of program listings below:

Program Listings

  • All Institutions Offering Adult Education Programs

  • Evening/Weekend Degree Completion Programs

  • Online Degree Completion Programs

  • Institutions Certified by Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges

  • Institutions Offering Programs in Business

  • Institutions Offering Programs in Engineering

  • Institutions Offering Programs In Information Technology

  • Institutions Offering Programs in Nursing

  • Institutions Offering Programs in Teaching

© 2019 State Council of Higher Education for Virginia
101 N. 14th Street, 10th Floor  |  James Monroe Building   |  Richmond, VA 23219

If you wish to receive this content in an accessible format per Section 508 of the federal Rehabilitation Act, 29 U.S.C. ? 794 (d), please call 804-225-2600.