Research Associate Job Position
Working Title: Research Associate/Workforce Credentials Grant Program
Role Title: Policy Planning Specialist II - 19132
Job Open Date: 01/25/2021
Job Close Date: 02/05/2021
Hiring Range: $52,000 – $70,000
(City) - 760
Position Number: 00107
Job Posting Number: 1074946
Type of Recruitment: General
Public - G
Does this position have telework options? Yes
Bilingual/Multilingual Skill Requirement/Preference: No
Job Type Detail: Full-Time Salaried - Non-Faculty- FTS-1
Pay Band: 05
The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) is the coordinating body for postsecondary education in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Among its responsibilities, outlined in the Code of Virginia, is maintaining a comprehensive data system.
The data system is designed at the student level to meet the Council’s need for information, inform policy decisions, and make budget recommendations. A component of the data system includes the New Economy Workforce Credential Grant Program
(WCGP). This grant program is the first of its kind in Virginia as it provides grant support to students pursuing noncredit workforce credentials that meet the requirements of available and emerging jobs in the Commonwealth that require more than
a high school diploma but less than a college degree. The incumbent will directly support the data collection and management of this grant program and related activities, as well as the Council’s initiative to increase high school graduate completion
of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Experience demonstrating the ability to develop business intelligence reports using LogiXML/LogiAnalytics (Logi Info Studio, Vision) and Transact-SQL;
- Experience which demonstrates knowledge, skills and abilities to design and implement data structures; create queries to extract large amounts of data quickly and accurately; and experience responding to ad hoc requests quickly and accurately
- Experience developing and managing stored procedures, views, and other database objects as needed.
- Work experience demonstrating the use of sound security practices in all levels of database development.
- Experience which demonstrates the ability to communicate orally to make presentations to groups of a dozen or larger, and the ability to communicate in writing to create technical guidance documents and reports as needed.
- Experience providing customer service and engaging end users as needed to improve data reporting.
- Work experience which demonstrates the ability to work independently and as part of a team on complex projects; Considerable experience in the financial aid/scholarship administration field or related area
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- three (3) years of work experience in programming/report development and three (3) years of experience writing queries, views and stored procedures;
- Work experience which demonstrates knowledge of and understanding of both transactional database and data warehousing concepts.
- Experience demonstrating knowledge of project planning/management, and evaluation of complex technical information.
- Experience with SQL Server 2016 and later.
- Experience in institutional research and assessment.
- Knowledgeable of Virginia higher education, including credit and noncredit instruction.
The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) will accept ONLY online applications for all SCHEV employment opportunities. Computers are available for applying for positions in public libraries and at the Virginia Employment Commission offices. The Department of Human Resource Management (DHRM) will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of accommodation in order to provide access to the application and/or interview process.
Applicants are expected to fully represent qualifications and work history on the State applications and or in resumes. The decision to interview an applicant is based on the information provided in the application, resume, or other relevant documents provided; therefore, it is essential for applicants to supply detailed information. Submitting an incomplete state application/resume, or a state application/resume lacking in detail, may impact your interview eligibility. This website will provide a confirmation of receipt when the application is submitted successfully. Please refer to “Your Application” in your RMS Account to check the status of your application for this position. If any assistance is needed when applying online, please contact DHRM at 804-225-2131. EEO/AA
Notice: DHRM will record information from each new employee’s Form I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification) into the Federal E-Verify system to confirm identity and work authorization.
You must apply for this job through the Commonwealth of Virginia Jobs.Virginia.Gov website