(1) Charges listed here represent the weighted average double occupancy room charge and the maximum weekly meal plan offered, not necessarily the plan used by most students.
(2) The 2015-16 tuition and mandatory E&G fees charge for freshman is $12,347, an increase of 12.9%. Tuition for other students is $11,347, an increase of 3.8%. UVA implements a new financial plan that in-state freshman is charged with additional $1,000 tuition in FY2016.
(3) The tuition and mandatory E&G fees for resident undergraduates will be increased by 3% in 2015-16. Resident undergraduates who entered VCU before fall 2013 are called “block schedule students” and will be charged a lump sum of $8,898 for tuition and mandatory E&G fees. Resident undergraduates who entered VCU in fall 2013 or later are charged by credit hour and referred as “credit hour undergraduates”. Their tuition and mandatory E&G will be $10,719 if taking 30 credits for fall and spring semesters in 2015-16. Tuition for credit hour undergraduate students is calculated on a sliding per credit hour basis with a 50% discount for credits 15 and over per semester.
(4) The 2015-16 tuition and mandatory E&G fees for first-time freshmen and transfer students is $14,114, an increase of 12.3%. Tuition for sophomore and junior students remains at $12,564 and $10,564 respectively. The tuition for senior students is $9,400,an increase of 2.4%. The college adopted a guaranteed tuition for incoming in-state undergraduate students in 2013-14. The tuition charged in their freshman year is frozen for all four years of their undergraduate attendance.
(5) Northern Virginia (NVCC), J. Sargent Reynolds (JSRCC), Tidewater (TCC), Thomas Nelson (TNCC), Virginia Western (VWCC), Piedmont Virginia (PVCC), Germana (GCC) and Lord Fairfax (LFCC) have tuition differentials in addition to the system wide tuition. The differentials per academic year are as follows: NVCC-$724.50; JSRR-$123; TCC-$60; TNCC-$60; VWCC-$60, PVCC-$30, GCC-$30, and LFCC-$30.
(6) Other mandatory fees vary by college, ranging from $60 to $835.50 per academic year, and are not included in this summary. N/A in Average Room and Board is because VCCS does not have this charge.
(7) Increases for tuition and mandatory E&G fees and total are weighted to account for variable increases at CWM, UVA and VCU.