The Outstanding Faculty Awards
are the Commonwealth's highest honor for faculty at Virginia's public and private colleges and universities. These awards recognize superior accomplishments in teaching, research, and public service.
OFA Workshop Video
An Outstanding Faculty Award Workshop was hosted by SCHEV on April 14, 2015 to provide information and advice to institutions regarding how to prepare nomination packages. SCHEV staff provided an overview of the award timeline, process and substantive criteria. This was followed by panel discussions that highlighted successful practices for preparing nomination packages and provided advice from reviewers and recent award recipients. The YouTube video is a 30-minute condensation of the most captivating moments of the three-hour event.
Here is a breakdown of the segments and location in the video:
- Introduction by SCHEV Director, Peter Blake (0:00).
- Explanation of how review panels are selected by Beverly Covington, coordinator of the OFA selection process (1:12).
- Review of Boyer’s Principles of Scholarship, including how to demonstrate the award criteria within a nomination package, by Joe DeFilippo, Director of Academic Affairs and Planning. (2:30).
- Panel on Preparing OFA Nomination Packages (8:00):
- Panel on Perspectives of Peer and Final Reviewers (17:00)
- Panel on Reflections from Recent Award Recipients (22:40)
- Wrap-Up (28:00)