Private Financial Aid SourcesFinancial aid from private resources can be the most elusive of all aid programs.
- Local businesses;
- Civic groups;
- Private benefactors; and
- National organizations
Where to Look:
- High school guidance counselors;
- Write, call, or visit businesses, civic groups, churches, etc.;
- Public libraries; and
- The Internet. One great place to start is FinAid!
- Utilize all free options from local high school, college, and Internet services first.
- Exercise caution when utilizing professional help and only after exhausting all other free options. There are many organizations and individuals that provide services for a fee. Unfortunately, some of them are not looking out for your best interests.