Financial Aid Regulations Recommended Changes:
To submit comments about the proposed regulatory changes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
|For Recommended Changes, Click on Program Below||Version Date||Institution Review||SCHEV Review||Attorney General Review||Require APA?||Complete APA||Council Approval||Effective Start Date|
|College Scholarship Assistance Program Regulations||05/01/2000||Under Review||Under Review||Pending||No||N/A||Pending||Pending|
|Domicile Guidelines||06/19/2001||Completed||Completed||Completed||No||N/A||Approved||July 1, 2002|
|Senior Citizen Higher Education Program Regulations||05/01/2000||Under Review||Under Review||Pending||Under Review||Under Review||Pending||Pending|
|Tuition Assistance Grant Program Regulations||09/11/2001||Completed||Completed||Completed||No||N/A||Approved||July 1, 2002|
|Virginia Student Financial Assistance Program Regulations||07/19/2001||Completed||Completed||Completed||No||N/A||Approved||July 1, 2002|
2000 SCHEV Financial Aid Studies:Item 160 #4h - Study of State-Appropriated Student Financial Aid Programs
- Progress to Date: Study completed and submitted.
College Scholarship Assistance Program
- During the 2000 session of the General Assembly, HB1279 was introduced to provide that students may be eligible for grants under the College Scholarship Assistance Act if they have not previously received an undergraduate degree at the same level (for example, a student who has an associate degree may receive a grant to pursue a four-year degree but not an additional two-year degree). Subsequent to discussions on this bill, Delegate Steve Landes wrote and asked "the Council to study the issue of students being excluded from the participating in CSAP who want to enroll in another associate's degree."
- Progress to Date: Letter completed and submitted.
Important Federal Dear Colleague Letters:
- Advise concerning treatment of Home School Students
- Advise concerning R2T4 treatment for LEAP (College Scholarship Assistance Program)